some stories and photos and art from the Kamini village
- a Greek diary
October 8, 2009
Report on the giant tree
There has been an enormous response to my earlier post about the Eucalyptus tree, the dry branches and the dangers for people and animals. I even had a phone call down here to Greece where someone was asking for a picture of the tree.
So here below a newly taken photo of the high tree; I would estimate the height to be 30 meters.
HaHaHaHa...it's funny when someone tries to post a comment as a Greek neighbour or someone opposing the tree project and uses a made-up name that we have never heard in Greece before. "Mirakas"? HaHaHaHa...I think I know who wrote this. "Mirakas" ! Classic!!
Many of these trees around here. Lovely old trees. And you are going to get it cut down?
ReplyDelete-- G
It's frightfully bad, old chap, that you'll be destroying so much of the local vegetation.
ReplyDeleteYours,
Mirakas.
HaHaHaHa...it's funny when someone tries to post a comment as a Greek neighbour or someone opposing the tree project and uses a made-up name that we have never heard in Greece before. "Mirakas"? HaHaHaHa...I think I know who wrote this. "Mirakas" ! Classic!!
ReplyDelete