The phone system on our small Greek island has
gone digital and there is a built in answering service
in the system; after three rings a Greek female voice
comes on, apparently saying you can leave a message.
But I can’t listen to the messages, the instructions are
in Greek and too complicated for me. And when I call the
support they tell me I can change the instructions to
English by pressing some numbers.
But it doesn’t work and also these instructions are
in Greek.
When someone calls us, the three short rings don’t
give time to run from the garden to the phone.
The machine goes on and people don’t understand
what to do and I can’t listen to the message anyway.
But everything’s fine,
I’m not so keen on
getting phone calls anyway.
We’re on holiday.
July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nothing seems to work on that accursed island.
ReplyDelete-- Glenn